Police ID Man Struck By Train In Maryland | News
GAITHERSBURG, Md. (AP) -- Police in Montgomery County are identifying a man struck by a MARC train in Gaithersburg.
Police on Saturday identified the man as 51-year-old Ricardo Antonio Levia Aldana of Derwood. Police say Aldana was attempting to cross the train tracks Friday at about 5:30 p.m. when he was hit by a train traveling toward Frederick.
Aldana was pronounced dead at the scene and his body was transported for an autopsy by the Medical Examiner's Office in Baltimore
Police said an investigation is ongoing, but at this point it appears Aldana's death was accidental.
Top Gaithersburg Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police Say It's the Season for Home Improvement Scam Artists: An Olney Man Shares His Story
- Sherwood Football Coach's Personal Battle With Obesity Shapes New Training Regimen
- Sewage Flows In Md. Creek After Main Breaks
- 1 Dead, 2 Injured In Montgomery County Crash
- Police Arrest Olney Md. Shooting Suspect