Mother-Son Murder Suspect Back In Montgomery County | News
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WUSA) -- The man charged with murdering a mother and her 11-year-old son in Germantown, Md. has been brought back to Montgomery County to face charges, police said.
Curtis Lopez, 44, of Charlotte, was released from the Mecklenburg County Jail at 7:17 a.m. Wednesday, according to the jail records.
William was found a week later, dead in the woods off of Interstate 270 in Clarksburg, Md.
Lopez has been identified as the only suspect in the murders and waived his extradition hearing weeks ago in Charlotte.
Anyone who may have information about these homicides is asked to call the Montgomery County Major Crimes Division at 240-773-5070. Those who want to remain anonymous and be eligible for a reward may call Crime Solvers of Montgomery County toll-free at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477) or 240-773-TIPS.
Top Gaithersburg Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police Say It's the Season for Home Improvement Scam Artists: An Olney Man Shares His Story
- Sherwood Football Coach's Personal Battle With Obesity Shapes New Training Regimen
- Sewage Flows In Md. Creek After Main Breaks
- 1 Dead, 2 Injured In Montgomery County Crash
- Police Arrest Olney Md. Shooting Suspect