Jury Deliberates: Former Army Sergeant Charged In Roommate's Death | News
WASHINGTON (WUSA) -- A jury began deliberations in the re-trail of former Army Sergeant Gary Smith, charged with the death of his former roommate, Montgomery County State's Office said.
Smith was convicted in the murder of his roommate, 22-year-old Michael Anthony McQueen the Second, in 2008.
In 2006, police arrested Smith in the shooting death of his roommate, who had just returned from three tours of duty in Afghanistan in their Gaithersburg apartment that September, The Associated Press reported.
Top Gaithersburg Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police Say It's the Season for Home Improvement Scam Artists: An Olney Man Shares His Story
- Sherwood Football Coach's Personal Battle With Obesity Shapes New Training Regimen
- Sewage Flows In Md. Creek After Main Breaks
- 1 Dead, 2 Injured In Montgomery County Crash
- Police Arrest Olney Md. Shooting Suspect